Monday, March 7, 2016

sometimes happiness is having no new choices pullover



recently, i said that, for me, having new clothing isn't so much about having the next new thing as much as it is about having some new means of expressing myself. oddly, i am often thrilled when there are no new things to choose from. sometimes, having new means of expressing myself isn't as fun/creative as finding a new way of using old means of expressing myself. a new expression derived from old means.

i am wearing the alpen top and the tokyo hat (with an added flower pin) by kaliyana. my dress and trousers are by grizas and my pullover is by rundholz (black label). i am wearing the mondrian shoe (closed collection) by trippen.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

A wonderful combination you have come up with using these old pieces. I do like the integration of the plaid in to the all-black type of outfit (even though it isn't all black). The headpiece is fantastic, and also something about the combination shapes of the outfit and your pose here makes me think of pictures of Edwardian ladies... Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something.