Tuesday, December 8, 2015

counting the dots dress



the other day, i was wondering what it is about winter that makes me so melancholy. i have been having lots of conversations lately about the connection between individuals and the rest of the world and between individuals and the environment. some of these conversations have focussed on how sensitive i am to the effect on my internal state of things external to me. staring out the window that day (when i was wondering what it is about winter that makes me so melancholy), it suddenly occurred to be how grey and brown winter is. there is simply no colour. all of nature has died (or gone into hibernation). there is no living colour. i think this lack of colour really affects me! it may also be why i am more inclined to want to wear colour in the winter. on some level, i know, in the absence of "real" colour, i need "artificial" colour.

i am wearing the alpen top, the delphi scarf, the l/s honolulu dress and the amazing skirt by kaliyana. my pullover is by grizas. i am wearing the mondrian shoe (closed collection) by trippen.


2 comments:

Sue said...

I love wearing bright colours in winter, it certainly helps brighten my day and with a bit of luck it may brighten someone elses day. The red is fabulous and of course so are the SPOTS!!

wardrobetales said...

sue: i think colour definitely brightens the days of others. particularly in winter, colour is so ... unexpected! and, now that i think about it, i think spots also serve to brighten days! spots are so ... happy!