Monday, January 27, 2014

stripey stripes skirt and jacket


so i am starting to think that wearing long skirts in the winter isn't the best idea in the world. due to the fact that leggings (or tights) under the long skirts are required, resulting in the drape of the long skirt being interfered with by movement -- like walking. unless, of course, the long skirts one is wearing are fully lined. none of the long skirts that i have are fully lined. (i know what you are thinking: half or full slips. but those have a ton of problems on their own -- in my humble opinion.) so i am starting to think i should wear more and more (or, perhaps, nothing but) "keep it streamlined on the bottom" outfits. like the outfit in my last post.

i am wearing the alpen top, the modena jacket, the 3d skirt and the long tight pant by kaliyana (all a/w helsinki collection). my boots are the rectangle boot (closed collection) by trippen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a question about the Rectangle Trippen boot. Do you find they fit bigger than other Trippen styles? I was looking at ordering a pair online that is already a size too big, so just wondering if you think that's a bad call for the Rectangle.

wardrobetales said...

musingsofbuffyleigh: i have found that trippen's closed collection (to which the rectangle boot belongs) is the most generous fitting of the trippen collections that i have tried (which include the box, happy, penna and splitt collections). i have found the closed collection to have a very wide fit. speaking for myself -- i tend to like my foot to have some space in a shoe rather than the shoe hugging my foot snugly -- i couldn't see myself buying a pair a size up from my usual shoe size. hope that helps some.

Anonymous said...

It does - thanks! I was happy to have found your blog in my search for reviews on the boots. You have great style!

wardrobetales said...

musingsofbuffyleigh: i'm glad to have been of help. and thanks!