Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fingerless Mitts Addiction





I was soooooo k-k-cold yesterday that, today, while I wore something similar to what I wore yesterday, I introduced some variations.  One:  Yesterday, I wore a short sleeve tshirt underneath my sweater.  Today, I switched out the short sleeve tshirt for a long sleeve thermal tshirt.  Two:  I added fingerless mitts.  (I would have said fingerless gloves, but they are not, strictly speaking, fingerless gloves, having only two openings, one for the thumb and one for the four fingers, like mitts.)  I can't tell you how much warmer I felt having my wrists, palms and backs of hands covered in wool.  I may have just become addicted to fingerless mitts.  Finally:  I layered a jacket over the sweater.  As soon as I put the jacket on this morning, it occurred to me that I had done what The Sartorialist had featured yesterday -- short over long.  I thought that I had done something new, until I was reviewing some of my past posts and realized that I  had done short over long on more than one occasion, and recently, usually with the same jacket.  How disappointing.  I was so excited to think that I had done something new today!  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day.

I am wearing an old Old Navy tshirt, an old H&M sweater, fingerless mitts from H&M, an old Anthropologie jacket, a skirt from Madewell, an old Kensie coat, an old JCrew scarf and an old Nine West cloche hat.  My shoes are Fluevogs.  I am carrying a bag from American Apparel.

No comments: