Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Fair Denim





Earlier this week, I wrote that this weekend usually marks the beginning of the end of Summer.  That's because this weekend is the first weekend of the city's Summer fair.  The opening of the Summer fair has always been said to signal the beginning of the end of Summer, I suppose because it runs until Labour Day, when it closes, after which school begins.  No matter what the calendar may say, Summer always seems to be measured by the time school is out.  Anyhoo, as usual, a close friend and I went to the Summer fair today.  I had a fun day.  And, for the first time in a long time of going to the fair and not getting the clothes right, I dressed in a way I thought appropriate for the occasion and, more importantly, I felt comfortable in my clothes all day long.  Yay!

No comments: