Monday, June 13, 2011

The Two Faces Dress





The alteration saga continues.  On Sunday, I decided that I would hem what I thought would be the more difficult of two dresses to hem.  What made me think this was that the dress is made of yards of slippery polyester fabric.  The other dress has considerably less fabric and is made of cotton fabric.  Some three to four hours later (I hem by hand, having no sewing machine), I realized that the hem that I thought would work didn't and that I would have to re-hem.  I was, to say the least, not a happy camper at all!  It took every ounce of self control that I could muster to keep myself from pitching the dress and calling it quits.  No, instead of pitching the dress, I calmly set it aside for another day, telling myself that it would be worth it in the end.  I definitely have no talent (or skill or anything) for altering clothing

P.S. This is the second appearance on this blog of the dress that I wore today.  A different hat and different footwear accompanied it today, and I was very pleased with the result.  It's amazing what a difference different footwear and a different hat can make.  Or, maybe, it's the tights-less legs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! When I saw it, I had a OOOOOOOOH moment, it's so special, and wveryth combined. Love the puff sleeves under the dress (I already commented on it, I think, earlier, it's beautiful) The pic with the wide-brim hat is memorable! I adore the "nun-ish" feel about it. Congrat!

wardrobetales said...

Iz bakinog ormara: Thanks! Yes you did comment on the dress before, so thank you again! It's funny, I didn't even see the "nun-ish" feel about the outfit until you said it, and then I thought how absolutely right you were and how neat that was! Thanks, again!