Thursday, June 23, 2011

Odile's Dress






When I bought the dress that I wore today, in the depths of Winter, white, off-white, cream, ecru (you name it) lace dresses were all the rage for Spring/Summer.  On seeing the dress on the rack, the first comment to my friend, with whom I was shopping, was that it was too bad that the dress didn't come in cream or white, but that, oh well, I would try it on just the same.  My friend and I theorized that, perhaps, the dress had come in cream or white, but that given the buzz around white, off-white, cream, ecru (you name it) lace dresses for Spring/Summer, the store had sold out of them.  Obviously, I ended up buying the dress in black.  I never did find out whether the dress had ever come in cream or white.  At some point, I did see it in blue, but I never saw it in cream or white.  So no Odette's dress.  Only Odile's dress.

No comments: