Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grey Skies Skirt


About two weeks ago (now that I think about it, it might actually be exactly two weeks to today), I wore the jacket that I wore today with a skirt very similar to the one that I wore today.  I so loved that jacket and skirt combo that I wanted to wear it again, but I didn't want to wear the exact same outfit that I wore that day.  So I put together today's outfit.  And, I liked it.


I took a bit of a risk with the boots, in terms of exposing them to snow and slush.  When I walked home yesterday evening, I noted that most sidewalks were clear of snow and were more dry than wet, so I thought that, so long as snow wasn't forecast, it might be okay to start wearing non-rubber soled shoes.  When I woke up this morning, there was no snow forecast, so I brought out the non-rubber soled riding boots.  All I can say was that I was lucky that it didn't start unexpectedly snowing during the day.


I suspect that the Winter sales may soon be over.  There are still a few around, but there doesn't seem to be much left for me to buy, in terms of styles that I like or sizes in styles that I like.  I made a sales purchase yesterday, and it may very well have been my last one for this Winter.  In many ways, this saddens me.  There are still a couple of months of Winter dressing ahead, but with no Winter sales, there won't be the opportunity to inject something new into my wardrobe to make the Winter more bearable.  I don't particularly like the period that we are heading into, the period of Spring clothing being sold when, realistically, I won't be able to wear any of it for months.  I guess what I am trying to say is, with my last purchase of Winter clothing yesterday, there may now be a very prolonged period of no retail therapy for me.


Oddly, I am completely not troubled by the prospect of no retail therapy for a while!


I am wearing a vintage H&M shirt with a vintage Gap tie, a vintage Zara sweater with a vintage silver leaf pin, a vintage H&M skirt and a vintage H&M jacket.  My leggings are vintage Lululemon, my socks are vintage H&M and my boots are by JCrew.

No comments: