Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Shrug


Until last week, when I purchased the shrug that I wore today, I thought that a shrug was an item of clothing consisting of sleeves and a back.  So when I saw the shrug that I wore today, which had, not only sleeves and a back, but also a front, I asked what it was called.  When I was told that it was a shrug, I said, "But I thought that a shrug only had sleeves and a back".  "No," the answer came back, "A shrug can have a front."  As I may have said before, I am no fashionista.  So I now know better what a shrug is.


Today marks the third consecutive day of wearing purchases from the One of a Kind Show and Sale.  This definitely has to be a record!  Today's One of a Kind Show and Sale item is ... the shrug.  I am truly amazed at how warm the shrug kept me.  And I can see how versatile an item it could be.  Maybe, just maybe, I will have to get another one ... when I return to the One of a Kind Show and Sale later this week.


As an aside, has anyone noticed that I am wearing that "little grey dress" again with two different "sweaters"?


I am wearing a vintage Zara dress, a shrug by Paper People Clothing with a vintage silver pin, a vintage Zara wool wrap with a large safety pin, un-sweatpants by Roots and a vintage LLBean raincoat.  My boots are vintage Hunter.

No comments: