Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nothing Good Can Come Of It


I read yesterday that JCrew may be coming to town, perhaps as early as next year.  Why is it that I think that JCrew coming to town may actually stop me from shopping JCrew.  Part of the attraction of JCrew (for me at least) is that I can only purchase it online.   Having easy access to JCrew may render it, dare I say it, less attractive.  No sense spending too much time thinking about this.  Let's just see what happens.


Lanvin for H&M.  Other than when I was at university and had to line up to sign up for courses (I don't think that anyone lines up for courses anymore), I don't think that I have ever lined up to get something.  I walked by the line-up at one of the H&Ms downtown and, for a nanosecond, thought about lining up to check out the merchandise, but no sooner had I thought about lining up than I knew that I would not line up.  I guess I can't line up for an unknown.


So instead of lining up to see if there might be something from the Lanvin for H&M collection that I might want, I went to some of my other favourite stores, where I hit paydirt.


I am wearing an old dress by Zara with an old silver pin, an old cardigan by Jacob, old leggings and old knit shorts by Lululemon, an old coat from H&M and old gloves by Nine West.  My socks are old, from an off-price store, and my boots are by Fluevog.

No comments: