Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Creatures Made Me Do It



It is not entirely fair of me to lay the blame at the feet of the Dear Creatures Fall 2010 collection.  I could have controlled myself.  But there was that cropped duffle coat in the collection that I just fell in love with as soon as I saw it, so when I saw a reasonable facsimile of the coat in the Old Navy store (the chances of my owning an original being slim, not only because the entire line isn't carried in any store near me, but also because I probably couldn't afford it), I just couldn't control myself.  In any event,  after thinking about how I might justify purchasing the coat in light of the shopping for new clothes prohibition and coming up empty, I just ignored the prohibition.



I am not proud, but what's done is done.  Now, I just need to resume observing the prohibition and figure out how to be stronger next time.



I am wearing a JCrew blouse, an Urban Outfitters jumper dress, an old cardigan from Anthropologie and a JCrew scarf.  My tights are from my sock drawer and my pin is from my jewellery box.  My boots are by Frye.  I am carrying an old Jeanne Lottie bag.

No comments: