Thursday, May 6, 2010

Propping Myself Up






My outfit photos are usually an accurate reflection of what I wear on any given day.  Sometimes, rarely though, I will add something into a photo that I didn't actually wear.  I did that today.  The purse didn't accompany me on my travels today.  I wanted to photograph the outfit with the purse because, the last time I wore the outfit, the purse did accompany me.  I liked the result, so I wanted to document it.

Today was much cooler than it has been over the past four or five days, so it was kind of odd that today, of all days, I opted to wear, what many referred to as, a very "Spring-y" suit.  It's almost as if it took me four or five days to internalize the warmth and project it on my clothing choices.  Which, I guess, means that my "clothing clock" isn't keeping up with reality.

On another note, today's outfit comes from a time when I was focussed on 60s outfits.  I realized recently that, when I first start working with a clothing theme, it's all or nothing.  Every day, every element of an outfit has to reflect the theme.  Without such commitment, I don't think it's worth pursuing the theme.  Once I exhaust a theme, though, I am more inclined to dabble in a variety of themes.  I find this interesting.

When I arrived home tonight, there was a parcel waiting for me in my mailbox.  I knew immediately what was in the parcel and I was excited to open it up.  I was not disappointed.  There was clothing in the parcel, but I don't want to spoil my fun by saying anything more about the clothing until I actually wear it.  But, I do want to say, "Thank you Bunny and Pear!  It's gorgeous!  I love it and I can't wait to wear it!"



suit: H&M, old
turtleneck: Esprit, old
tights: ?
shoes, bag: Aldo, old

No comments: