Thursday, April 22, 2010

Looking Back


After I had gotten dressed this morning and had merrily set out on my way, en route to the subway, I started to wonder whether I had just put on the same outfit that I had worn on Monday (albeit in a different colour scheme).  And, if I had, did it really matter?




At a slightly higher level, I am also starting to wonder where exactly I am going with my clothes this Spring and Summer.  It was my intention to try out the same theme that I was working with throughout the Winter -- the "Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing" theme -- but it is becoming apparent to me that I am moving more in the direction of a Western theme -- cowboy boots, western-style shirts, plaids, stripes, western-style belts, denim jackets.  This is a theme that I am familiar with, having already worked with it a few Summers ago.  There is no reason why I couldn't work with more than one theme, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Western theme might take over.  I am a bit disappointed.  I don't dislike the Western theme, but I was looking forward to something different and new for me.  It might be fair to ask why I don't just push myself towards the new theme.  The answer is that I need to go with what feels right.  And, right now, the Western theme feels right.


Going with what feels right is also why I may have put on today the same outfit that I was wearing on Monday.  To answer the question, Does it matter?  For me, no, it doesn't matter one bit.  I can't ignore what feels right.



coat: Urban Outfitters, old
scarf: ?
blouse: Club Monaco, old
vest: H&M, old
skirt: Urban Outfitters, old
jacket: Susan Harris Design, old
tights: Old Navy, old
boots: Frye (from Get Outside)

No comments: