Friday, March 12, 2010

Shades of Grey (and Green)












rain coat: LLBean, mens
scarf: H&M
gloves: H&M
shirt: TNT
grey sweater: Zara
green sweater: Preloved
skirt: H&M, old
leggings: Lululemon, old
socks: ?
boots: Hunter
pin: Trove

There are a few things that I love about the styles that I was writing about yesterday that I neglected to mention.  One of these is gingham shirts; another, is rain ponchos; a third, is the colour canoe green (can a colour have a better name?).  Today, the rains arrived (saying that it's raining in this way sounds so much more romantic I think).  So, I took the opportunity to wear two of my favourite things: my canoe green wellies and my canoe green oversize rain coat.  There is nothing better on a rainy day, assuming that you can't stay indoors curled up with a good book, than not having to carry an umbrella, instead, feeling the rain hitting you, and being able to jump in puddles!  (My life was definitely transformed when I was introduced to 19th century English literature, in particular, romantic and gothic literature.)

No comments: