Monday, March 1, 2010

Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing





My outfits are usually theme based. I try to stick to the theme that I am working with pretty much from head to toe. In the Winter, this can prove to be tough, as I live in a place that can get cold. I try not to wear just any coat, pair of boots or accessories. They have to fit with the theme. This Winter my theme has been what I like to call "The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing". I have been inspired by clothes worn by those living in the English countryside in the 40s, 50s and 60s. I have been watching a lot of old British TV series -- e.g., All Creatures Great and Small, Heartbeat, Foyle's War. Although not quite fitting the time period, but fitting the clothing theme, I have also been watching the American TV series Northern Exposure. All I can say is that "The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing" theme seems to work for the weather that I have to contend with. I don't dislike the cold, I just like to be warm in the cold!

coat: H&M, old
jumper: The Embellished Room
sweater jacket: The Embellished Room
t-shirt: Gap, old
leggings: Lululemon
socks: LLBean
boots: LLBean
scarf: H&M, old
pin: Trove

No comments: